The Polish Genealogical Society of New York State (PGSNYS) was founded in September of 1988 by (the late) Michael Drabik to promote the study of Polish genealogy in the Western New York and Southern Ontario areas and beyond. A tribute to Michael Drabik by his family provides more information about our founder.
The Society became incorporated as a not-for-profit in New York State on May 11, 2015, and exists as a 501(c)(3) Federal tax exempt organization for the following purposes:
- to provide a Society for persons interested in Polish genealogy, with a primary focus on families with a New York State connection;
- to encourage and promote interest in Polish genealogical research, history, and culture;
- to provide educational programs and publications to foster effective genealogical research skills;
- to provide education on Polish history and culture;
- to provide assistance to persons researching their family history;
- to collect, preserve, and share Polish and related genealogical and historical records and materials; and
- to collaborate with other Polish community organizations in projects and activities that promote interest in Polish genealogical research, history, and culture.
The Society publishes its newletter, the Searchers, three times per year. The Searchers contains information about the Society and member submitted articles relating to genealogy and Polish History. Send your articles for the Searchers to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have items related to Polish history? Instead of throwing them out or selling them at a garage sale please consider donating them.
A complete historical list of Historical Roster of PGSNYS Elected Officers. is available in PDF format. Current Society Officers and Trustees are:
President: Denise Oliansky
Vice President: Sherry Sojka
Secretary: Dolores Ferguson
Treasurer: Chuck Pyrak
Hospitality: Rita Hider, Don and Barbara Golibersuch
Library: Laurel Keough
Membership: Donna Ciulis
Event Planning: Dolores Ferguson
Road Show Production: Patricia Rooney
Searchers: Denise Oliansky