The Giving Tuesday movement is no longer just something that is celebrated in the United States, but has spread across the world. It’s a global giving moment to support the causes you love. The Polish Genealogical Society of New York State is asking for your support this 2019 holiday season. PGSNYS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and your donation could be eligible to be used as a tax deduction.
How can you contribute?
1) Make a donation to PGSNYS. You can do this online thru our website using paypal or mail in your donation to PGSNYS, PO Box 984, Cheektowaga, NY 14225.
2) Give a gift of a PGSNYS membership this holiday season.
3) Donate your time to help with PGSNYS events or help transcribe documents. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
DECEMBER-No monthly meeting
Member Christmas party 12/12/2019 at Polish Falcons. Pre-payment required.
***Note our new location***
The Museum of disABILITY History 3826 Main Street Buffalo, NY 14226 (the former Eggertsville Hose Co. Fire Hall)
Searchers issue 20 from Spring 1998 has been made available under Historical Copies of the Searchers
The PGSNYS Getting Started Research Guide in now available under Tips and Tricks page.
Thank you Erie County for the Cultural Funding grant for the amount of $3,550.00. This will go a long way to help PGSNYS achieve it’s mission statement of promoting Polish Genealogy and preserving history.
Prior to the April 2018 monthly meeting, the PGSNYS Board performed its annual review of the society By-laws . The result of this review resulted in no recommendations for changes to by-laws.
PRESIDENT: Nicole Pohancsek
VICE PRESIDENT: Maureen Gleason
SECRETARY: Denise Oliansky
TREASURER: Charles Penasack
- Dolores Ferguson (absent from photo)
- John Nowak
- Louise Tomczak
- Sharon Voigt
- Cheryl Krajna (absent from photo)